Well, if you make this once I can about betcha you will make it again. WE made this Saturday night for our Valentine's Date night while Payton was away for the evening. I wore my new apron I got from Tuesday Morning for $9.00 IT IS BEYOND ADORABLE! It's brown with flowers and has a Vneck halter style top, a WIDE light blue ribbon that fits under the breast line and ties there then there is a light blue fringe around the bottom and the pocket that has little blue balls hanging off of it like old country curtains do... I will have to post a pic of it later...it really is the cutest apron I have ever ever seen. New apron, no kids, dancing/playing around the kitchen cooking together....with Joey grilling himself a Tbone, me baking potatoes and us both working on the zucchini yummness ~~~~ then followed by his grandma's homemade coconut cake (that Joey made with her earlier in the day) with coffee and then a movie later made for an amazing date night.
*sigh*
OK back to the food.....
Ingredients:
1/2-1 pack of bacon cooked, drained set aside to cool depending on how much you are making
save pan and bacon grease to saute everything in.
1 large can of shoe peg corn (I bought just plain white corn by accident..it was ok but the shoe peg is better)
1 onion cut in pretty big chunks
1-2 zucchini's sliced in thick silver dollar slices (I am sure there is a real name for this, but ? I don't know it)
Monterrey jack cheese (and no mozzarella isn't just as good we tried that before too)
salt pepper
saute zucchini and onion in bacon grease (yep...that's what makes it yummiest~and deducts eating your veggie points) (and just fyi----I give them a little more heat in the beginning than Joey did to get them just a teeny tiny bit brown on the edge...but hey it was our valentines date and we were cooking together...I wasn't about to tell him how to do anything) ; )
salt and pepper to taste, cook until they start getting good and softened then add corn and bacon, cook on med to med high about 5-10 more minutes to make sure zucchini is tender but not mushy (done that too before by accident and it's not as good) when veggies are cooked and bacon and corn are heated very well, shred Monterrey jack on top until melted well (didn't get a pic of that step) Serve immediately and be prepared to say, "Wow! that's better than I thought it was going to be!!!!" Our kids will even eat this one. Something about those flavor combos are just right!
Yes our candles weren't really levetaing and blowin in gale force winds...I was just so excited about the zucchini corn onion & bacon yum yum I was shaking!!! :) HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!! m
No comments:
Post a Comment