So to follow up from yesterday's greasy fatty post, I am going to tell you how to make some out of this world grilled zucchini today.
First off, there is a secret ingredient. Well, it's not secret...but it's something I know of being sold only at a local beekeeper's place. It's awesome he has a little one room store/old house beside his house and on the table there is a jar with money in it...his store is ran on the honor system. You put the money for what you buy in the jar, take out your change from the jar and off you go.
Only once when I have been there have I ever even seen anyone there. Anyyyyywhooo.
The seasoning: Everglades (incredible on steaks and chicken too. My brother even claims it's good on eggs and mashed potatoes, but I haven't ventured there just yet). If you are far away and reading this, they have little sample bottles there for like $2.50, I will send you one if you want contact me via private message on fb. (unless 100 people respond). If you are local, it's the beekeeper man on Mt. Hermon Rd just past the ball field. (AGAIN...it's worth the trip it trust me and he sales local honey which is great for seasonal allergies and homemade pizza crusts recipe below ; )
Ok...
so you take your zucchini and you cut off the stalk end and top then slice them into 3's long ways. So you have 3 long zucchini steaks. (that's what they taste like...OMW! we had them last night just because I was thinking about this post yesterday) but I forgot to take pics before we ate them all! : 0 oops.
--wash & cut zucchini
--Melt butter (or earth balance is better for ya)
spread on top and bottom of zucchini and sprinkle top and bottom with Everglades
--Grill until tender. Most of the online recipes say about 10 minutes...but don't hold me to that. (not too much, not too little or it will be soggy or tough) it's just another one of those things you just have to do and when you get it right you know next time how to do it. Poke it with a fork til it feels done. :)
--after you take off the grill immediately sprinkle with Parmesan cheese or vegan Parmesan while it's still hot.
EAT hot! They do reheat ok but they are incredible hot off the grill and will never be that good again.
ENJOY! next time I make it I will post picks before we devour it all gone.
Edited: they sell it online for about the same price but I am unsure if there are shipping charges added
http://www.evergladesseasoning.com/products.htm (It's the all purpose seasoning)
No comments:
Post a Comment