This was one of my recent favorite purchases at Barnes and Noble for under 13.00. (which I just looked it up on the website to snag this pic and it's even cheaper there) ;)
I love soups love love love them! This book has tons of different ones I wanna try and this 1st one, the corn chowder...it was was a 3 family, 6 kid hit! I took this one to a soup party last Saturday night and everyone liked it. :)
1 TBS Margarine
1 C chopped onion
1 TBS all purpose flour
2.5 C chicken broth
1 16 oz can cream style corn
1 C frozen corn (i used white frozen corn for taste and color--the recipe has both yellow corn)
1/2 C finely diced bell pepper
1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce
3/4 C shredded sharp cheddar
melt butter, cook onion 5 mins, sprinkle in flour on onion cook & stir 1 min
add chicken broth bring to boil stir often
add corns and bell pepper simmer cover 20 mins or so
stir in cheese til melted remove from heat
serve with black pepper
I probably used more cheese, and a little more Tabasco, just because the corn makes it pretty sweet and I never measure anything except with the palm of my hand ; ) and just in case you have eaten with me before and are now grossed out....sorry! I do wash my hands before they become human measuring cups and spoons though :/

No comments:
Post a Comment